期刊文献+
共找到1篇文章
< 1 >
每页显示 20 50 100
Retrospective analysis of eFAST ultrasounds performed on trauma activations at an academic level-1 trauma center 预览
1
作者 Samantha Shwe Lauren Witchey +3 位作者 Shadi Lahham Ethan Kunstadt Inna Shniter John C.Fox 《世界急诊医学杂志(英文)》 CAS CSCD 2020年第1期12-17,共6页
BACKGROUND:Point-of-care ultrasound(POCUS)has become increasingly integrated into the practice of emergency medicine.A common application is the extended focused assessment with sonography in trauma(eFAST)exam.The Ame... BACKGROUND:Point-of-care ultrasound(POCUS)has become increasingly integrated into the practice of emergency medicine.A common application is the extended focused assessment with sonography in trauma(eFAST)exam.The American College of Emergency Physicians has guidelines regarding the scope of ultrasound in the emergency department and the appropriate documentation.The objective of this study was to conduct a review of performed,documented and billed eFAST ultrasounds on trauma activation patients.METHODS:This was a retrospective review of all trauma activation patients during a 10-month period at an academic level-one trauma center.A list comparing all trauma activations was crossreferenced with a list of all billed eFAST scans.Medical records were reviewed to determine whether an eFAST was indicated,performed,and appropriately documented.RESULTS:We found that 1,507 of 1,597 trauma patients had indications for eFAST,but 396(27%)of these patients did not have a billed eFAST.Of these 396 patients,87(22%)had documentation in the provider note that an eFAST was performed but there was no separate procedure note.The remaining 309(78%)did not have any documentation of the eFAST in the patient’s chart although an eFAST was recorded and reviewed during ultrasound quality assurance.CONCLUSION:A significant proportion of trauma patients had eFAST exams performed but were not documented or billed.Lack of documentation was multifactorial.Emergency ultrasound programs require appropriate reimbursement to support training,credentialing,equipment,quality assurance,and device maintenance.Our study demonstrates a significant absence of adequate documentation leading to potential revenue loss for an emergency ultrasound program. 展开更多
关键词 Point-of-care ultrasound Emergency medicine Focused assessment withsonography in trauma Trauma activation Blunt trauma
在线阅读 免费下载
上一页 1 下一页 到第
使用帮助 返回顶部 意见反馈